Monday, August 4, 2014

Story of a Girl's Gym Shoes....Situation and Reaction



This is to all wonderful parents out there. I will narrate a short story, basically a situation and I would like you all to express your reaction to it...as in, What would YOU do if you were in that situation. Ready? Alright...

So, Here is this seven year old girl, who was getting dressed for a day camp. She realized her gym shoes had been left at her weekend home in a different city. It wasn't her fault that her shoes had been left but her parents. She was asleep when they packed. "You have to go back and get them", she told her parents. The mother replied back " It's two hours drive to the house. You'll have to wear your hiking boots. We'll get your shoes next weekend when we go there."
In despair, the girl said " Daddy, You have to go, I need my shoes, I can't wear my hiking boots to camp all week. I can't run in them" and she cried. In a way, from her perspective, she was right. Boots aren't designed for the fast paced activities that happen at camp.
The mother then came to her rescue. She said " No way can we go get your shoes. You'll have to wear your hiking boots to the camp. BUT I'll buy you a new gym shoes today and you'll be able to wear them tomorrow."
The father then immediately interrupted. "No. I think she can survive the week without new gym shoes."

Ok, So, What would you do in this situation? Buy new shoes, go back to get the old ones or let her survive in boots OR any other solution that you can think off? Do give reasons too.


No comments:

Post a Comment