Sunday, June 7, 2015

Painting by Aanya: Creative Way...

Summer vacation has started; which means abundant free time for Aanya. Last week we worked on a large canvas painting, which was mostly done by Aanya. I just gave her ideas and tools along the way, teaching her how to use different techniques and tried to make it as simple as possible. She is just 4.5 years old and the idea was to simply have fun. It was a learning process for me as well. We worked on building up of layers and using many different colors.

The tools we used were:
Sponge
Stencils and
Bubble wrap.

The paint we used was:
Acrylic
Its little tricky to paint with Acrylic and if you get inspired to do a canvas art with your little child, I would suggest to either do it outdoors or do it with Water colors and Aqua crayons. The child will have freedom to express his way and you won't have to worry about spoiling the walls or clothes.

And now, the Art that we created....


The layering process that we followed was:

1. Sponging: I gave her a circular sponge fixed on a popsicle stick and lots of colors, she would dip her sponge into the color and tap it onto the canvas.


2. Pouring Paint: I gave her a paint (of her choice) in a cup, which she poured onto the canvas and dripped it in all directions...


3. Stencils: I fixed a stencil (with cello tape) on the canvas and asked her to dab paint. Now this was little tricky. Did not happen the way I would have wanted, but that's fine. I was anyway not looking for perfection.


4. Bubble wrap: I gave her the bubble wrap and she started popping out the bubble....(Haha!)and then I had to give her another. I asked her to paint the bubble side of the wrap and then transfer the paint onto the canvas


5. And finally, Signature with Sharpie: Now that's really important.....:)



I have few more techniques bubbling in my mind and hopefully will create another artwork with Aanya soon. Till then, Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment