Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Spring Break Project... Part 1

Holidays! Aah! If you ( like me) have a single child, you probably won't be thrilled about the break, esp if you aren't going anywhere out. How you will keep your child busy without loosing your sanctity, would be your main concern. Right?

So this Spring break, I pre-planned few exciting projects for Aanya. One of them being The Creative Coloring House Project. I bought this from Hobby Lobby for $ 10.00 (after discount) and it kept her busy for 4 days.


 Instead of constructing house first and then coloring (as shown in the picture), I asked Aanya to color first. Doing one side of the house every day was fun and brought her closer to the final house construction, which kept the surprise element intact.


 And finally...


 What a beautiful surprise, Mumma. I love it. Thank you for this, said Aanya


2 comments:

  1. Hello. Glad I came across this post. I just found this little house and plan on using it at my son's construction party. I love the idea of coloring it before putting it together! Are there just 4 parts? Was it easy to put together? Something I could do easily at a birthday party?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were 6 parts ( 4 sides of the house, 1 roof and 1 chimney). Yes, it was super easy to put together, I think it's a great idea for a birthday party.

      Delete