Monday, May 25, 2015

Read: The Girl on the Train



Off late, my appetite for reading has increased tenfold. Clearly I have turned into a bookie. I love reading and especially the feel of an old fashioned paper books in my hands. That being said, I do appreciate the ease of E-readers and I too read on my kindle at times, esp when I can't find a particular book in my local library and can barely wait for them to arrange. 

Beginning of this year, I made a resolution to read atleast 20 books (of all genre) this year. While reading "The Girl on the Train" by Paula Hawkins, it suddenly occurred to me, why not talk about good books on the blog. Everyone needs a good recommendation. Right?

So, today I talk about "The Girl on the Train". A total nail biter. This novel is perfectly paced, from its arresting beginning to its twist ending; it's not an easy book to put down.Very cleverly written. 

A story about three women whose lives interlink tragically; Alcoholic Rachel, Complicated Megan and Anna, the new love of Rachel's ex-Tom. 
Rachel is the main narrator of this novel and is obsessed with Megan and her husband as they represent to her the perfect relationship which she once had. She doesn't know them, but watches them everyday through the windows of a train she takes each morning and evening to commute to and from London. One day, Megan goes missing and Rachel finds herself unable to stay away and gets involved in the investigation....

It's a great vacation read. Perfect for summers. I seriously recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment