Monday, June 1, 2015

Just 2 Ingredient Popsicle...

Summer means lots of Ice creams, Smoothies, Juices and POPSICLES. One afternoon I was shopping and was all tempted to buy a box of popsicles. In fact I had put that box in my cart and was standing at the cash counter when my inner voice screamed "What are you doing? Do you have any idea how much sugar is in it?", I replied "I know, there is much sugar but that's fine. We are not going to eat that a lot". To this my inner voice laughed, "Really?" and I ended up NOT buying that box. Too bad. Why does this healthy eating ghost hover us all the time?

The same evening, Aanya asked me if I can make Popsicle for her. I said I don't know how to make it. "Then check the recipe on your laptop", she replied. I did not check but called her in the kitchen to do an experiment. And here's what we did...

1. Squeezed out juice of 2 oranges and half filled the popsicle mold with the orange juice
2. Put it in the freezer for about 30 min
3. In a blender, blended a few pieces of watermelon and filled the rest half of the popsicle moldwith watermelon juice.
4. Put it in the freezer overnight.

The result.... A super colorful, super yummy and a super happy face!!



Making Popsicle at home is definitely a better idea. Please folks, Do let me know a couple of more tried and tested simple recipes....

And....Have a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment