Saturday, July 19, 2014

My little guide towards Happy Mommy!


Mothers are expected to do everything. Look great, raise superstar kids, keep an impeccable house, be the perfect wife and if working, make good salaries. And if that's not enough, make time for their friends who feel left out. It is easy to get caught up in these everyday demands.

And that's why I feel, being happy is a CHOICE. We have to choose to engage in activities that help us to see the lighter side of life. I have a few suggestions below. They sure lift up my mood and I hope they will do the same to you.

1. Take out time for yourself : Get a hair cut or a massage. Go for a coffee ALONE. Read a book you've always wanted to read. I understand, its difficult and that's why I said,  you have to make decision to create time a day purely for yourself. You can probably wake up little early.
Just do this and see the difference.

2. Exercise: A quote that I read on pinterest " Exercise give you endorphins, Endorphins make you happy". Exercise does make you more energetic. I don't go to gym, BUT I walk and it gives me an emotional boost and keeps me relaxed.

3. Express yourself creatively: Do something creative that lights you up. It could be painting, dancing, writing, designing, anything that fulfills that need. Keeping yourself engaged in meaningful work is one of the largest part of figuring out how to be happy.

4. Nuture friendship- Connect with other women : Doesn't it make you smile when you talk to someone and say "What? You too" Its important to connect with other women. Life becomes so simple.

5. Sleep: Don't you feel super when you get a good night's sleep? When you wake up and don't reach for caffeine first thing in the morning. Regular sleep is so so essential for happy you. Mom's of young kids, don't get enough sleep ( for obvious reason) and here I feel husband's can help, like mine always did when my daughter was little. At times, he would ask me to sleep in the guest room( away from disturbances) and he took care of our daughter at night. I would wake up fresh! relaxed! on top of the world.

6. Lightening the overload: Its OK if the laundry is not done, Its OK if the house is not cleaned, Its OK if dirty dishes keep lying in the sink, Its OK if you don't cook. Don't be too hard on yourself and try to do less more often.

7. Hugs and snuggles:  Most most important! My day is incomplete without this. Getting hugs from my little one is so precious. I love it. Makes me believe, I am good.

And now its YOUR TURN. Have you been doing any or all of the above? Share how you add joy to your everyday.
It might be painting, acting, dance, writing, scrapbooking, designing, anything that fulfills that need. - See more at: http://yourkickasslife.com/coaching/11-things-happy-women-do#sthash.717ZUJur.dpuf
It might be painting, acting, dance, writing, scrapbooking, designing, anything that fulfills that need. - See more at: http://yourkickasslife.com/coaching/11-things-happy-women-do#sthash.717ZUJur.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment