Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Dining Room Decor Project: DIY

I always knew in my mind, whenever I would own a house, the decor would be all DIY. And now, from the time we have bought his house, I have been busy doing it my way, one room at a time, all by myself.

My mantra for Home Decor

1. Home is not a Museum. It should not have pieces that you or your guests can't touch.
2. It should reflect your personality.
3. Less is more.
4. Clean lines, simple contours and bold colors.
5. and No sharp edged items.

So, the moment, Puneet and I saw this dining space when we were shopping house (there was this huge blank wall), we together pictured my trio paintings, that I had made couple of years back, adorning the wall. And that was the start of the decor ideas. Because those paintings are huge and say a lot by themselves, they don't need additional pieces to enhance the decor of any room.


We bought a clean and very modern dining set. Now, I needed curtains for the windows. And as I had decided earlier, instead of buying, I was going to make it. I went to Joann, bought this very bright and bold fabric and started with my sewing project. My First Ever Curtain Sewing Project.


It took me 2 days, about 5-6 hours total and I was so delighted by the end product, considering it my first attempt :)


And now when I look at before and after pictures, It makes me so happy that I could create a space exactly the way I had pictured in my mind....:)




4 comments:

  1. You have always been this super talented girl.. nothing that you do surprises me, its all expected :) The dining room looks fabulous and so do the curtains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you to say that, Anvita. Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. wow..now I am really impressed...good job :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How many times you'll be impressed by me? I thought I had impressed you enough at Pantaloons :) Jokes apart, Thank you for saying that :)

      Delete