Thursday, December 25, 2014

My Dates and Almonds Laddos....

Come winter and our body starts craving for rich food that provide warmth and nourishment. I love how our winter foods are loaded with natural oils and vitamins ( in the form of nuts), good fat (that comes from ghee) and other nutrients. Laddo, Gajar Halwa, Moong Dal Halwa are delicacies that my mother always used to prepare during winters. They were all packed with ghee, ghee and more ghee :) Having soaked Almonds with Milk in the morning was a ritual. Undoubtedly, the best thing about winter is comfort food.

So, today I decided to make Dates and Almond Laddos. I absolutely love dates and almonds. And the best part is, it was ready in 15 minutes. That's it.


Ingredients
1 cup Almonds
1/2 cup Whole oats
1 cup Madjool dates
1/8 cup Chia seeds
2 tsp Ghee


Method
1. Coarsely grind Oats and Almonds.
2. Remove seed and chop Dates.
3. Heat a pan and put Ghee. When hot, stir in Dates till it becomes mushy.



4. Add Oats and Almonds and mix it well.



 5. Spread the mixture on a place and let it cool. Then add Chia seeds and mix it well. You can use your clean hands to do that. Roll into small laddos( balls) and it can be stored in an air tight container for a week.



I love these little balls that are full of all the good stuff I want Aanya to eat–nuts, dried fruit, whole oats. The only problem is I need to figure out a way to make her eat ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment