Sunday, December 21, 2014

Year End Reflections...



The year 2014 is about to end. There’s just something about seeing an entire year come to a close that prompts you to reflect back on it. To all the things that happened, and that did not happen. Its that time of the year, when we make resolutions for the coming year( honest and realistic ones? :)). Its that time of the year, when we find ourselves thinking if we made the most of the year. And its that time of the year, when we joyously celebrate with family and friends, waiting for the New Year. A fresh start. A new chapter in life.

Looking Back
Today, was the day of reflection on this year, as I discussed (or rather, tried to) with Puneet. And honestly, this has been the best year of our lives( as a couple) in last 7 years that we have been married. The coolest thing that I did personally was:

1. Taking membership of the County Library. Having read almost 10 books already, I never realised I enjoyed reading so much. Talking of books, I recently read an article by Rosemarie Urquico- "Date a girl who reads" Have you read it? If not, Read it. I was constantly smiling while reading it online. If you want the world and the worlds beyond it, date a girl who reads :)

2. Taking membership of the Dept of Recreational Sports. Being physically active all my life, I had become inactive last few year. So this was a much much needed membership, to fall in love all over again with Ping pong and Badminton and Swimming....:)
(as I play with my husband, as I played with him during school days....aah! Memories!!!)

3. No TV. Yes, in last five months, I haven't watched TV at all. And that includes, Netflix or Amazon Prime videos.  There was a time when I wondered how can there be life without TV, today I feel, we don't need TV, its a waste of time. I just hope, my daughter doesn't grow up to say "Whats a TV?" ;-)

4. And Blogging!!:)Untill last year, I never considered writing. Just a personal handwritten journal, is what I had being doing. I took a plunge into blogging and have come this far with 50 blog posts.

Looking Forward


Yes, that's me. I never believed in resolutions, and I don't know what holds for me in 2015. I just intend to find a decent job for myself, keep writing and always have one book to read.

I hope you have a safe and happy end to 2014.

May the coming new year find you
healthier and happier,
peaceful, content, satisfied,
looking forward
to fresh, revitalizing interests,
a variety of pleasures,
interesting new people,
material and personal successes
to make the new year
the best one yet.
Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment