Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Photo Collage Letter: DIY

Some memories are best kept to ourselves. But there are times when they should be shared. They should be shared and enjoyed by everyone. That was on my mind when my daughter turned 2 ( 2 years back :)) I wanted to make a collage that would highlight the best memories of the year and also be a keepsake for future. I searched collage and found this picture on google images.





I decided to make a collage on letter A ( as in Aanya). Bought a cardboard letter A from Micheals. I remember I was super excited that day. Shortlisted best pictures of the year but before I could get the pictures developed and start the project, not sure what stopped me. And the project was shelved. Shelved for 2 years, untill I saw this blogpost of Aanya's teacher yesterday. I had almost forgotten about 'A' that I had bought a couple of years back. Thank you Alyssa! :)

So, today, without wasting time. I got the current year pictures developed from CVS and made this collage.
The process is really simple. Just get a wooden or cardboard letter of your choice and a few pictures ( along with scissors, pencil, scale and glue)


Before applying any glue, decide the placement of the photos, including which photo overlaps the other, etc. Once you have that figured out, you will be able to work in steps with the glue. It’s almost like working a puzzle.


Trim the pictures and apply the glue. Ta..da...you are done!
I hanged the letter on the door with a double sided tape.


Displaying a collection of different pictures rather than just a single image is a great way to capture all of the feelings or special events surrounding an important time in your life. Its a great creative way to show off your pictures. Some of the things that you can do with collage are:

1. Create a collection from a single event like a family vacation.
2. Capture different personalities of your children.
3. Capture different facial expression of your children. Infact this was my initial plan when Aanya turned 2 and had given amazing number of expressions the previous year.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment