Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Story of "Yummy...!!" (Banana Bread)

Generally, I feel nice when someone says "The food is yummy!", for that matter, anyone would feel great. Mission accomplished feeling. But this is not the case when my daughter, Aanya says "Its yummy, Mumma!" It leaves me confused, a lot of times disappointing me, especially when it is followed by "I like it". Know why? Because, after these statements, the food in the plate remains unfinished, with a reason "Actually Mumma, I don't like it. I was just kidding". Strange! Yes, it is :)

So, today when Aanya was at school, I made Banana Bread for her (without nuts).

I gave her in a plate and the first bite was followed by this conversation;

" Its yummy, Mumma. I like this bread!"
"Ok"
"Its so so yummy. I love it!" (after another bite)
"Ok"
"Mumma, you should call my friends and make banana bread. They will love it too. Its delicious" (after another bite)
"Ok" (with a smile on my face now)
"Thank you for making this bread for me. I really like it" ( with a big kiss and a big hug)

And yes, she ate it all up. Wow! This was the best genuine "yummy" I ever heard. And it didn't end there. When Puneet returned from work, she announced "Papa, do you know, Mummy made banana bread. Its so yummy". Now that was too much for the day or for any day :)

Aanya is getting funnier with each passing day and I wasn't kidding when in one of my earlier blog, I mentioned I don't want to keep her small. These are the joys of life with a pre schooler :) Their jokes, funny remarks, their growing independence " I can do it myself", their want to learn " Can I try...", their offer to help " Can I help you fold clothes, wash dishes, mix cake batter....", their games moving a level up to board games, their nonstop "whys" and the best is, they now smile and look in the camera while clicking pictures, something like this....



....I am loving all of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment