Sunday, January 18, 2015

Mom at Barberitos....

Dear Mom of a beautiful little daughter, who I saw at Barberitos today, you just melted my heart. What a lovely duo you both were!

You may not know, but I was secretly watching you both eat, talk, smile and laugh...you may not know, but looking at you, I was imagining me and my daughter having a chat over a bowl of nachos and burritos, you may not know, but whenever I see mothers on a date with their daughters, it makes me happy, you may not know, but I was super impressed in those 20 min when you did not peep into your phone even once, you may not know but I overheard your daughter talk about her new friend at school and you smiling over her excitement....you may not know, but I could sense your daughter believing in below words....

Mum, I love you so much,
with all my heart and soul
You let me do mostly everything,
yet you still play your role


I do know how lucky,
I am to have you there
Someone to talk to,
someone to really care


by Roslyn Stewart aged 13

Yesterday, Aanya asked me, "Mumma, why do we have parents?" "We have parents to take care of us, to love us immensely and unconditionally and to guide us become good adults." I answered. 
A lot of times parenting is quite stressful. In our subconscious mind we question ourselves; Are we doing it right? Yes, we are doing it right. We all try to do what's right for our children.

And back to the mom (who I saw at barberitos), an important step towards right parenting is spending uninterrupted quality time with your children. It need not be hours, just a few minutes of sharing, listening and doing things together. I absolutely loved the way you spent the evening with your daughter.



No comments:

Post a Comment