Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A Challenge I Happily Undertook: My First Mosaic Artwork..


Do you like challenges? I do. One day, while shopping at Pier 1 Imports, I came across, these beautiful mosaic artworks and I instantly fell in love with them. They were spectacular! The color, the craftsmanship, the design, all so good. The only thing that I did not like was, The Price. They were around $200 each.


At home, thinking about these artworks, it suddenly occurred to me, What if I make it myself? I had never done mosaics and the thought itself excited me. And then again one day, while internet browsing, I came across this below painting.


And that was it. I had found my inspiration of mosaic artwork. Without wasting time, bought all the materials and got on to the task within a week.
And here's how the first mosaic experience looked like :)

From painting the canvas to fixing the mirrored glass pieces

And for the second canvas, my little daughter provided me some help...


 And again for the third one...


 All three canvases took me about three weeks. Not so much in execution, more in procuring the raw materials. If you are wondering, why such a simple design? Then, I would say, one, because it was my first and two ( which is the main reason)...wait until my next blog post..:)

And now, the final outcome,


 This was such a satisfying experience and it leaves me with a want of doing more. I love challenges and this Mosaic certainly was one !!

4 comments: