Monday, August 18, 2014

School after Summer Vacation...Who is more Happy?


Today was Aanya's first day of school after a long summer vacation (almost 3 months). I am not sure who was more happy, Me or Aanya :)

Honestly, it was a pretty long lone time with her. Not that I did not enjoy. Ofcourse I did. We went to museums, parks, shopping, librarys, biking, trailing, watched movies, read books, did craft works and much more here and there. Yet, as Edgar W. Howe has said " If there were no schools to take children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers" :)), it did take a part of my sane mind away...

It is during such times, I miss my family and friends back in India. During my summer vacations when I was little, I used to visit my grand parents (both maternal and paternal) for full 2 months, where I used to have a blast with all my cousins who too would come there at the same time.  It was like a full family ( uncles, aunts, cousins) get together. I eagerly waited for the vacation. As I write this, I am remembering all that we did as kids :)

I am not sure, if Aanya can ever spend her summer vacation like that. Even if she did manage to visit her grand parents, there would be no cousins to play with. Which means, vacations going forward would be just me and Aanya. Puneet not much, as he would be busy with his work.

Looking at the positive side, it will give Aanya an opportunity to make more friends and who knows one or more would become her BFF, it will give her an opportunity to constructively handle her boredom and develop a hobby...

So, until her next summer vacation arrive, Let me enjoy my vacation now :) though I am sure I will start missing her soon.

Oh! and BTW, Aanya had so much fun today...new activities, old friends, sandbox, playtime....she just couldn't stop being happy the whole day...Love her for that :))


No comments:

Post a Comment