Tuesday, October 21, 2014

About Me..

Hi! Its Me, Richa Agarwal.
Dreamer till I die, romantic at heart, sensitive and thoughtful, outgoing and independent, lively and inquisitive, wife to the bestest hubby in the world, daughter to the most wonderful parents, sister to one lovely brother and mother to a beautiful daughter
Welcome to my personal blog. Three months have passed by...since I started blogging. I know its little late for this page, which should ideally be the first post:)), but when I started to write, I wasn't sure if I will continue writing or will give up in a month's time ( 'the writer's block' as they say). Glad, I am still going strong. Thanks to you all, who have been reading and are such an encouragement. 

So, Why I started to blog? The first question.
I have a journal, in which I loved to write in a traditional way(pen and papers). In this book, I wrote important events of my life or things that I needed to remember, all related to my experience as a parent, from the time my daughter, Aanya was born. I would write, print pictures and glue them against the event. I enjoyed maintaining that journal. But that is exclusive to Me and Aanya. And then one day, someone suggested I should blog. To which I replied, I have 'nothing to say', other than me and Aanya. And to that line of thinking I was told that, maybe I haven't discovered yet what I have to say. Made sense. Writing encourages one to stop and think deeper. And I decided to give it a try.

Why I blog? Next question.
Now that I have dived into the pool of blogging, I am learning to swim with words fast. I have began thinking more intentionally about who I am, who I am becoming, and whether I like what I see or not. Blogging is like a platform where I can write something informal; a place of joy and freedom where I can express my sincere thoughts and what I am passionate about. 
Aside from that I blog because its like documenting my life journey and improving my writing skills.

What I don't blog for?  
Money – Some friends were telling me to make money out of my blog, however that’s not my main intention. I don’t sell stuff here, and I don’t like having product advertisements in my personal space, at least not for now. Maybe forever. 
Attention – I don’t write or blog as an attention seeker. It doesn’t raise much concern to me of having thousands of subscribers or becoming most-famous blogger of the year. For most part, I don’t hunt for the fame. Preferably, I’d rather have a close pool of readers and loyal friends who would love to exchange their experiences. That’s all that matters to me. 

And finally, What I blog?
My blog consists of post related to everyday Lifestyle, Fashion and Style, Artwork and Design, my Do-It-Yourself project, and more importantly Parenting, everyday parenting. About my daughter and how I am growing as a parent with her.

So, Once again, Welcome to my World of Thoughts!! :)

PS: To reach me, my email address is ra1980@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment