Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Aanya: I love Mummy because...



Morning conversation one fine day,

Puneet: Aanya, do you love Mummy?
Aanya: Yes
Puneet: Give three reasons why you love her?
Aanya: I like Mummy because...ummm...ummm...ummm...because (pause)
Me: You love Papa?
Aanya: Yes
Me: Why?
Aanya: Because he plays with me (loud and clear)

This conversation made me think, Why wasn't Aanya able to give even a single reason for why she loves me? Is it because whatever I do for her or for my family is--- my job? A job that is unappreciated and easily taken for granted? Or is it because she thinks I do nothing that can be accounted for?
Before negativity could take over, I decided to get going with my daily rituals. Come on, she's just a little girl and I love her for a million of reasons :)

Afternoon conversation the same day,

Aanya: Mumma, I want to hug you. I love you.
Me: Why?
Aanya: because...you cook food, you make delicious breakfast for me, you buy clothes and toys for me, you play with me, you take me to school, you help me brush teeth, take bath, you give me crayons and color with me...
Me: And I ....
Aanya: No, no, let me speak. You make yummy cupcakes for me and my friends with rainbows....

So, going back to our morning conversation, its not that she couldn't give a single reason, its just that, she couldn't decide which three reasons out of so many reasons :)



No comments:

Post a Comment