Sunday, August 3, 2014

How my Car is always Clutter free and Organised....

Today I decided to clean the interior of my Car. As a habit I do it once every month. So, I gathered all the cleaning supplies....which were.... the Vacuum Cleaner, Febreez and All cleaning wipes. Yes, my car is always clutter free and organized and I just need to swipe and vacuum clean once in a while.

For me, Messy car is a secret shame. So how do I keep it clean when I have a kid who needs many things to be entertained and snacks to be eaten by everyone on the go. Here's what I do:

1. I have this Organiser on the back seat and I keep things in it that is needed on regular basis like snacks and toys for commutes.


2. A little trash bin. No matter how much we try, sometimes feels impossible keeping trash like unneeded receipts, wrappers and  plastic bags from building up in the car. Right?....Wrong. We trash it here immediately and later put all this collected trash in a plastic bag and toss it off. It has a little double sided tape below it, so it doesn't move while driving.


3. Reusable shopping bag. I always carry reusable shopping bags whenever I go grocery or produce shopping. I am against using plastic bags. They are not environment friendly and simply add to unattended clutter.




4. Water bottle. I always carry water bottle with me in the car. No soda or mineral water bottle for me when I am thirsty. Another way to reduce clutter.




5. Paper towels and Tissues and air freshener. There is a story ( not a pleasing one) behind carrying this. When Aanya was very little, she threw-up in her car seat once. We stopped by a Mac Donald's to cleanup. Unfortunately, the toilets there had no napkins or tissues and I had a tough time cleaning her car seat. Since then paper towel, tissues and a freshener is always in my car.


So you see, keeping your car organised and clutter free isn't difficult. A fifteen minute vacuum, dashboard and window swipe every once a month and that's it :) 

Hope this piece of information is helpful. Do share if you have any other tips.


3 comments: