Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Damn These Pollens!!


Sunshine, warm temperatures, daffodils, and blooming plants of all varieties...Spring! Aaha!... Most joyous time of the year, Right? Wrong. To few people like us, this is the most miserable time of the year. Trust me, it's not funny, when you try to sleep with a congested nose or itchy eyes or scratchy throat, that too every single day. It takes you back to those sleepless nights, which you experienced when you became a parent. The difference is, as a new parent you could still manage to steal a nap but with pollen congested nose....No chance! You can just try to sleep and wait and wait and wait....

Day before yesterday, I don't remember if I slept, both me and my husband were trying to breathe through our mouth and then coughing ourselves out due to dry throat and then drinking a sip of water.....yes! that's how our night went. In the afternoon, when I went to pick up Aanya from school, my eyes were literally shutting down while driving. Yes, I know, I know. It wasn't safe. I had to stop the car in between and wash my face with cold water. Thankfully I had cold water in the car. So you see, I told you earlier, Pollen allergy isn't funny.

Yes, we have been taking Claritin and nasal sprays, limiting our outdoor activities, keeping our indoors clean, clothes clean....probably that's why the symptoms aren't too bad. But the allergies are crappy....

Before coming to US, I always thought, our immune system would only react if a harmful substance, such as bacteria, attacks the body. But our immune systems are working too hard and reacting even when relatively harmless substances, such as pollen, are present. Infact, I never knew it could cause allergy. When I speak to my folks in India, they too find it difficult to picture the intensity of such a small substance. Just to give you an idea....

All that yellow thing in water and on pathway is POLLEN.

Damn These Pollens!!We want to breathe normally again sooooon!!



No comments:

Post a Comment