Monday, April 13, 2015

Simple Mats from Vinyl Table Cloth...DIY


MAT MADE FROM VINYL TABLE CLOTH AND DUCK TAPE....
CAN BE USED FOR PARK VISITS OR CLASSROOM

While cleaning some old stuffs today, I found a bright colored vinyl table cloth( the flannel backed kind) that I had bought last year but never used it. Now that Summer is round the corner, I believe there would be tons of outdoor activities and many picnic days. We would need Picnic Mats. A waterproof Picnic Mat. So, I decided to make one. It's the simplest and the cheapest mat you can think of.

First I cut out 2 pieces of vinyl table cloth and 1 piece of quilt padding (which I had it from my other projects) of size 35" X 25" and layered it as below. Pinned the layers together, so that they don't move.


I joined them by a colorful duct tape. You could even sew colorful bias tapes for a sew version.




Isn't it fun and bright? I love it. So lightweight, they can be rolled up or folded easily. And just for $4.00. Can you believe it! Off into my car it goes.....


Oh wait! This gives me an idea for another project....:) Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment