Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Unexpected Turn of Events...

Life is full of unexpected moments, happy moments, tiring moments, instant decisions and much more. But yesterday evening, it was just the above moments in my life.  

Did you ever had one of those days, when you were just having a normal evening and suddenly one decision, one simple decision leads to unexpected turn of events the same evening? 

It was a tiring day at work yesterday and I was hoping to have a relaxing evening. Soon after tea, Puneet suggested we go to the Ramsey center and play Ping pong. Now, ping pong is one of my weakness. I can never say No to it. I can play even in my sleep. I love that game so much. So, obviously, without giving second thoughts and forgetting how tired I was, I agreed. And in no time, we were all set to go. It was 6:15 PM then. We planned returning home by 7:30PM, eat dinner and sleep.

Oh! And this was the first time we were going to the Ramsey center during a weekday. While parking the car, I suddenly felt, maybe they don't allow little kids during the weekday. And yes, my feeling was right. They don't allow little kids on a weekday. Dang!! What a waste! I thought. Or rather we thought. We were not ready to go back home without doing anything. It would seriously be a waste. So we thought of having an ice-cream. Downtown? Aanya and I asked Puneet. "No, let's not go there. We'll have at the students dining hall. It's just right there", he said. Unfortunately, the dining hall was closed. Now what? Downtown, after all? Instead of going back to the parking lot and going by car, we decided to go by bus. Aanya hasn't sat in a bus in a very long time. She probably doesn't remember the fun of bus ride. It was a good idea. And btw it was 7:00PM then.

We waited for the bus and as expected, Aanya enjoyed the bus ride. She was so happy. Like super happy!!

We had ice-cream at Ben and Jerry's and by the time we finished it was 7:45PM already. Going back by bus, taking our car, going back home would take another 45 min. So we decided to have dinner at Downtown only. Thai Spoon? Okay! Food was good of course, and so was time. It was 9:00PM
Walking down the streets of Athens Downtown on a weekday night is not fun really, but felt nice. And then waiting for the bus with Aanya, was another experience. We reached home by 10:00PM. Phew!!

Did I say earlier, I needed a relaxing evening?







No comments:

Post a Comment