Friday, February 27, 2015

Phrases that I find really ODD...

Alright, It so happened, I was arguing with a friend for something. He wasn't believing me until I showed him some facts and then I heard " My Bad"....What? Is that all you had to say?I thought.
Rather than apologizing for the mistake, I thought he was asking me to get over it and move on. Yes, I understand, you don't have to apologise for everything but my bad was rude and uncaring, my friend.

And then, when I meet or call up someone and hear " What's Up", it makes me uncomfortable. Other than replying "Nothing" to that dismissive phrase, I don't understand what more to say. I mean come on! Helloo sounds so much better and personal. It feels the person cares.

What do you exactly mean, when you say " I Freaked Out"? Because I think freaking out means something out of control or manic but I hear it so often when a person is excited about something. It confuses me honestly. Its such an over used phrase.

Good luck with That. Share a problem with a someone and hear this phrase...Yes, I am glad too that you are not the one who has to deal with the problem, but it sounds so uncaring. It almost feels you are brushing me off instead of being any help.

I know there would be many more odd phrases, that I can't think of it right now. I would love to hear from you what words or phrases you find odd and feel the traditional English is so much better....

No comments:

Post a Comment