Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Free-hand ARTWORK by a 3.5 yr old....

I am so happy the summer vacation is soon coming to an end. I had a hard time last 2 months keeping my kiddo busy. Though I tried my best from keeping her bored by giving her some constructive things to do everyday ( actually, not everyday but most of the days:)).

So, today again, like the last time, I decided to give Aanya a free-hand project. I spread a huge sheet of white paper on the floor and gave her the water colors, pencil colors, crayons and markers and asked her to draw and color whatever she wanted to. With a big smile she said "OK, Mumma" and started scribbling.


"Scribbling is not allowed", I told her. "It has to be something meaningful". And then I went away. She did something for few minutes and then got bored. Ofcourse, I had anticipated that as I knew I had overwhelmed her. So, I came back for her rescue and suggested a couple of things that I knew she can draw like, the sun, house and shapes. I told her I am here if she needs my help. After about half and hour or more this is what she did...


At this stage, we took a break and went to the park to play. After returning back and having our dinner, I asked her if she wanted to continue or if she is done. She showed interest and was back to her project. And finally after almost an hour( with many breaks), she shouted "I am DONE, Mumma"


I asked her to explain and this is what she said...


And...how I responded to this...."GOOD JOB" :))



No comments:

Post a Comment